Wednesday 17 July 2013

July 17- A day in Red Deer

We left Crossfield at 10am to start the drive into Red Deer where we were meeting up with many members of the Petch family. Kerri's parents and sister were in Red Deer too and met up with us. 

The first stop was at Bower Mall where we had fun going through the Toys R Us finding a few items for the kids and for our grandson, Jayden for his upcoming birthday. My parents met up with us there and we had fun looking at all the toys. Hannah found a pirate ship bed and excitedly told Paul that he should get that. And then he cold read his comics while laying on his pirate bed while wearing Star War pajamas. That girl is way to funny!




We left Bower Mall ad headed to Kerri's cousin Lorrie's house. Once there, we were able to visit with Lorrie and her 2 children, my Aunt Gwen and Uncle Tom, my Aunt Barb and my cousins, her children,  Crystal, Christopher and Conner, my cousin Darlla and her 4 children, Darlla's husband's parents, Eileen and Roy (more family), my sister and her family and my parents. It was a lovely visit with all. It was a loud and busy visit that was most enjoyable. It sure makes me wish I lived closer and could visit more often. I was really happy that my cousin Amy was able to come at the very end for a quick hello. Her daughter was with my aunt Gwen and was there for the visit, but she and her son were home as they weren't well. 




We got back to Crossfield by 430 and shortly after this, we had a great dinner with Paul's parents. After dinner we had a very competitive game of Dominos and another game of Telestrations. Telestrations was quite a funny game and we had many hardy laughing fits while playing it. This game is worth picking up, if you see it.
This was porcupine... But the original word was Armadillo



No comments:

Post a Comment