Saturday 27 July 2013

July 27- Yard Sales and Christmas in July!

Paul and Kerri left Hannah and Cassel with Mary and Gerd and went to find some yard sales in Airdrie. It certainly was fun trying to find the streets, especially when the streets all have the same name except for the ending.... We searched along Reunion Cres., Reunion Blvd., Reunion Crt., Reunion Place; you get the idea...
After a nice lunch in NW Calgary at a place called Joey's, Paul and Kerri headed back to Crossfield to wrap gifts and get ready for the gift exchange for Christmas.
The Christmas in July tradition came about because Mary and Gerd spend winters in Arizona and they wanted to share in the Christmas experience with us, so whenever we get together in the summer, we do Christmas. Usually decorations are put up, a tree, a turkey dinner is served and gifts exchanged, during sometime in July. This year we just have some lights on the stair railing, but it is Christmas nonetheless. Most of the gifts given and gotten are yard sale treasures and finds so that everyone gets silly gifts. 
During the afternoon, the 6 of us exchanged a gifts. There were many little gifts for each.

The Christmas dinner was great! Paul's sister Nancy came with Paul's and her niece Kira. After the delicious dinner and dessert, we all gather in the living room for our yard sale gift exchange. The rule is no more than a dollar per person is to be spent. And when you give the gift, you explain why you got it for them. Lots of laughs were had at the gifts, and lots of oooohhhhhing and ahhhhing at some of the treasures.

After the gift exchange, we played a game of Telestraitions where there were many laughs at the interpretations of each others drawings.  
What a fun evening. And now we can relax and put our feet up! 

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete